SB 203A | (713) 313.1028
firstname.lastname@example.org Curriculum Vitae
Education and Training
- Ph.D. Environmental Chemistry/Oceanography (19962001), Texas A&M University, College Station, TX (Dissertation: Lysosomal responses to environmental contaminants in bivalves)
- M.S. Environmental Chemistry/Earth and Marine Sciences (19931995),Hanyang University, Korea (Thesis: Distribution and environmental fate of organotins in mussels, oysters, and sediments from Chinhae Bay, Korea)
- B.S. Earth and Marine Sciences (19871993), Hanyang University, Korea (Graduation Research Project: Nutrients in river water before and after precipitation)
Recent Publications (out of a total of xxx)
- Hwang H-M, BL Buchholz, TM Young, JA Pederson. (2013) Assessment of the contribution of modern carbon sources to size-resolved atmospheric particulate matter and time-resolved bulk PM10 using measurement of radiocarbons and molecular markers. Science of the Total Environment (Submitted).
- Hwang H-M, B Stanton, T McBride, MJ Anderson. (2013) PAH body residues and lysosomal membrane destabilization in mussels impacted by Dubai Star bunker fuel spill in San Francisco Bay. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (Submitted).
- Hwang H-M, RS Carr, GN Cherr, PG Green, ED Grosholtz, L Judah, SG Morgan, S Ogle, VK Rashbrook, WL Rose, SJ Teh, C Vine, SL Anderson. (2013) Sediment quality assessment in tidal salt marshes in northern California: an evaluation of multiple lines of evidence approach. Science of the Total Environment 454-455:189-198.
- Buchholz BA, P Zermeno, H-M Hwang, TM Young. (2010) Measuring radiocarbon in submicron size fractionated particulate matter on aluminum impact disks. Radiocarbon 52:278- 285.
- Kayhanian M, A Vichare, PG Green, C Alaimo, H-M Hwang, J Signore, M Troxler, D Jones, J Harvey. (2010) Water quality evaluation of leachate produced from pavement speciemens under controlled laboratory conditions. Road Materials and Pavement Design 11:9-28.
- S Bhandari, J Seo, H-M Hwang, D Bennett, I Hertz-Picciotto (2012) High molecular weight PAHs (MW 252 to 302) in indoor dust. Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry 33rd Annual Meeting.
- H-M Hwang, B Stanton, T McBride, MJ Anderson (2011) PAH body residues and lysosomal membrane destabilization in mussels impacted by T/V Dubai Star oil spill. Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry 32nd Annual Meeting.
- H-M Hwang, HS-Kim, PG Green, TY Young (2011) Trace metals in biosolids and biosolid amended soils in dairy farm land. Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry 32nd Annual Meeting.
- H-M Hwang, HS Kim. (2011) Solid-Solid and Solid-Air-Solid partitioning of phthalates in the indoor environment. Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry 32nd Annual Meeting.
- H-M Hwang, S-G Lee (2011) Environmental fate of glyphosate in broom-infested Mt. Tamalpais soil. Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry 32nd Annual Meeting.
Evaluation of alternative abrasives and road sweeping/vacuuming as source control BMPs for load reduction of fine sediment particles and particle associated phosphorus in urban roadway stormwater (PI, $277,060 from US Department of Agriculture Forest Service; 2011 2013)
Assessment of the impacts of biosolid application on groundwater and soil quality and bioaccumulation of constituents of concern in pasture grass (Co-PI, $85,000 from Solano County, CA; 2010 2011)
Endocrine disrupting chemicals in indoor dust (Subcontract, $310,000 from NIH; 20092011)
Environmental decay of glyphosate in broom-infested Mt. Tamalpais soils and its transport through stormwater runoff and soil column infiltration (PI, $49,997 from Marin Municipal Water District, CA; 2009 2010)
Source identification of fine sediments, N, and P in highway stormwater runoff in the Lake Tahoe Basin (Co-PI, $553,000 California Department of Transportation; 20082011)
Organic contaminants in steelhead from the Columbia River (Subcontract, $55,000 from U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; 20082009)
Assessment of the contribution of contemporary carbon sources to size-resolved and timeresolved atmospheric particulate matter in Sacramento, California (PI, $100,000 from California Air Resources Board; 20072008)
Removal of dissolved trace metals in stormwater runoff using low-cost adsorbents (Co-PI, $120,000 from California Department of Transportation; 2005 2006)
Source identification for particulate matter and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in stormwater runoff using radiocarbon (Subcontract, $50,000 from California Department of Transportation; 2005 2007)
Identification of wastewater input to Clear Lake, California, by measuring caffeine (Subcontract, $5,000 Clear Lake County; 20052006)
Organic contaminants in tidal salt marsh in California and sediment quality assessment using multiple lines of evidence (Subcontract, $55,000 from Pacific Estuary Ecosystem Indicator Research Consortium Director; 20032005)