Wind Turbine Innovation Contest
The College of Science, Engineering and Technology (COSET) at Texas Southern University is pleased to announce Wind Turbine Innovation Contest 2016 for COSET undergraduate and graduate students.
- Any COSET undergraduate and graduate students can participate.
- Interested student teams must submit application materials by March 28, 2016, either as an electronic copy (email attachment) or as a hard copy.
- Each team must consist of at least 2 undergraduate and/or graduate students.
- The COSET will select about 10-15 qualified teams and will support up to $100 per team to purchase supplies required building wind turbines.
- Student teams will be notified of selection decision by March 31, 2016.
- Each selected team will purchase required supplies and bring original receipts (total up to $100: before sales tax) to Dr. Hyun-Min Hwang for reimbursement.
- The contest will be held in the Atrium in Science Building at Noon on April 25, 2016.
- Wind turbines must fit within 3ft×3ft×3ft.
- Wind turbines will be evaluated based on generated power output and designs.
- The COSET will award the first ($1,000), second ($600), and third ($300) places and their wind turbines will be displaced in Science Building or Technology Building.For more information and application materials, please contact Dr. Hyun-Min Hwang (email@example.com; 713-313-1028).
All applicants are required to submit:
- A completed application form (typed),
- A drawing of a wind turbine you are planning to build
Application materials should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to Dr. Hyun-Min Hwang’s office, TSU Science Center room 203A.
Please download the application form here.