Education and Training
- University of Houston – Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry with Analytical Specialization (2004)
- Houston Christian (Baptist) University – BS in Biology and Chemistry (1999)
- University of Houston – Postdoctoral Research, Biophysical Chemistry (2005)
- University of Miami – Postdoctoral Research, Catalysis (2004)
Honors and Awards
- Award of Honor, Third Place Faculty Research Presentation, Texas Southern University, 2018.
- Award of Honor, First Place Faculty Research Presentation, Texas Southern University, 2007.
- Synthesis and utilization of asymmetric nitrogen-based, carboxylate-based, and dithione-based ligands for the development of Ru-based complexes
- Using analytical instruments and methods to evaluate toxic contaminants in the environment and determine changes in nutrients, organic acids, and metals in plants under regulated growth conditions
- Deng, Y., Good, S., Phan, T., Wei, X. General Chemistry Laboratory Manual. 8th ed. TOPHAT. 2022. ISBN: 9781774948750.
- Wei, X., Phan, T. Introductory Organic Chemistry. Great River Learning. 1st ed. 2021. ISBN: 9781644969496.
- Perez C, Rani M, Phan T. “Optimization of High-Performance Liquid Chromatography Parameters for Purification of Oligonucleotide-A.” American Journal of Analytical Chemistry 2022, 13, 39 – 50.
- Caemelbecke EV, Phan T, Osterloh WR, Kadish KM. “Electrochemistry of metal-metal bonded diruthenium complexes.” Coord. Rev. 2021, 430, 213706.
- Folabi T, Phan T. “Evaluation of Volatile Organic Compounds and Polyaromatic Hydrocarbons in Barker Reservoir.” American Journal of Analytical Chemistry 2020, 11, 376- 388.
- Adebowale A, Phan T. “Volatile Organic Compounds in Crude Coconut and Petroleum Oils in Nigeria.” American Journal of Analytical Chemistry 2017, 8, 371-379.
- Tuan Phan, Haitham Abdelmoaty. “Evaluation of nitrate, metformin and/or AMPK inhibitor dorsomorphin on normal and cancer bladder cells.” American Chemical Society Regional Meeting, El Paso, Texas, November 13-16, 2019. [Presenter]
- Tuan Phan, Taye Folabi. “Evaluation of volatile organic compounds and polyaromatic hydrocarbons in Barker Reservoir in Houston, Texas after the 2017 Hurricane Harvey.” American Chemical Society National Meeting, Orlando, Florida, March 31-April 4, 2019. [Presenter]
- Tuan Phan (PI). TSU DRI Innovation Grant, 2022 – 2023
- Tuan Phan (PI). Texas Space Grant Consortium, 2009 -2010.