Education and Training
- FloridaAtlanticUniversity B.S. 1998 Microbiology
- University of South Florida Ph.D. student 1999-2000 Microbiology
- University of Miami Ph.D. 2006 Microbiology
2005 Stanford University Department of Genetics
2005 The Scripps Research InstitutePalm Beach,FLDepartment of Infectology
2007 University degli studi di Milano Department of Biomolecular Science and Biotechnology (Milan,Italy)
2009 TexasAcademyof Science General Meeting March 6^th, 2009
2009 Universityof Houston Downtowncampus Houston, TexasMarch 26^th, 2009
2009 TexasSouthern University Research Week March, 30^th 2009
2010Texas Southern University College of Sciecne and Technology Open House
2010 Delivered a guest lecture on the history of microbiology for the Laurentian University Partnership Center at Georgian College in Orillia, Ontario Canada 7/2010 after invitation from Professor Robert Killam
2010 Delivered a research seminar entitled /Yersina Pestis/Pathogenesis: a pathogen’s perpective in December (12/13/10) at the University of North Texas Health Science Center Department of Molecular Biology and Immunology by Dr. Harlan Jones.
2011 University of Houston (main campus) /Yerisnia pestis/ pathogenesis hosted by Dr. James Briggs 2/16/11
2011 Invited speaker at the 10th International Symposium on Aeromonas and Plesiomonas Gaveston Tx May 19-21, 2011. Seminar Title: /Aeromonas/hydrophila, a possible model organism for low shear modeled microgravity/(LSMMG) studies: Unexpected modulation of other enteric pathogens and/Yersinia pestis virulence following exposure to LSMMG.
Recent Publications (5 out of a total of 30)
- Rosenzweig JA, Vrinceanu D, Hwang HM, and Shishodia S (2016) Vertical Alignment of Educational Opportunities for STEM Learners: Evaluating the Effects of Road Dust on Biological Systems. The American Biology Teacher November/December 78 (9): 710-716.
- Andersson JA, Fitts EC, Kirtley ML, Ponnusamy D, Peniche AG, Dann SM, Motin VL, Chauhan S, Rosenzweig JA, Sha J, Chopra AK. (2016) New Role for FDA-Approved Drugs in Combating Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2016 May 23;60(6):3717-29.
- Shishodia S, Azu N, Rosenzweig JA, Jackson DA (2016) Guggulsterone for Chemoprevention of Cancer.Curr Pharm Des. 2016;22(3):294-306.
- Suraju MO, Lalinde-Barnes S, Sanamvenkata S, Esmaeili M, Shishodia S, Rosenzweig JA. (2015) The effects of indoor and outdoor dust exposure on the growth, sensitivity to oxidative-stress, and biofilm production of three opportunistic bacterial pathogens. Sci Total Environ. 2015 Dec 15;538:949-58
- Losh JS, King AK, Bakelar J, Taylor L, Loomis J, Rosenzweig JA, Johnson SJ, van Hoof A (2015) Interaction between the RNA-dependent ATPase and poly(A) polymerase subunits of the TRAMP complex is mediated by short peptides and important for snoRNA processing. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015 Feb 18;43(3):1848-58.
- 08/2007 Awarded competitive research startup funding my NSU Division of Math Science and Technology in the amount of $3000: Funded.
- 12/2007 Research consultancy fee awarded ($5,500) to characterize a C-8 surfactant based antimicrobial hand foam for a venture capitalist company Third Stream Bioscience Inc: Funded
- 09/08 Co-investigator on a NASA funded 5 year $5.5 million cooperativeagreement (NNX08B4A47A) focused on the study of space microbiology and the effects of microgravity and space-like irradiation on bacterial pathogenesis: Funded
- 02/09 Awarded a competitive id=mce_marker5,000 Texas Southern University seed grant (Sg0609) to support the study of two bacterial stress responses: cold growth and immunological host cell challenge of both Gram positive and negative pathogens: Funded
- 09/09 Submitted a Department of Defense grant proposal to the Army Research Office (ARO) entitled Characterization of /Yersinia pestis/ stress responses and Virulence (3 years @ $360,000): currently under review
- 11/09 Submitted a TSU seed grant entitled Evaluation of the Role Played by Ribonucleases in Bacterial Virulence for $20,000: denied funding based on a disqualification for possessing external funding support through NASA Not Funded
- 02/10Submitted proposal/application for the Department of Homeland SecuritySummer Research Team Program for Minority Serving Institutions: Not Funded
- 02/10 Co-investigator NIH R01 entitled/: Identification of new antigens for a plague/vaccine/ Period: 12/01/2010-11/30/2015 Total amount: id=mce_marker,923,068: Funded.
- 05/10 Primary Investigator: University of Texas Health Science Center Houston summer salary proposal entitled: Salary Reimbursement Agreement between The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston and Texas Southern University Co-investigator Ambro van Hoof $9,333.33. Funded.
- 02/11 Senior personnel on an NSF Research Opportunity Award (ROA) Antiviral Mechanisms of the Yeast RNA Decay Machinery and Viral Countermeasures 23,643 for 2 months (June and July 2011). Funded.
- 1/12 Senior personnel on an NSF Research Opportunity Award (ROA) Antiviral Mechanisms of the Yeast RNA Decay Machinery and Viral Countermeasures, $6377.78 for 1 month (June 2012). Funded.
- 07/12 Primary Investigator: University of Texas Medical Branch Galveston, Texas, summer salary proposal entitled: Salary Reimbursement Agreement between The University of Texas Medical Branch and Texas SouthernUniversity. Co-investigator Ashok Chopra. $12,755.56 (for 2 months salary July and August 2012). Funded
- 05/13 Primary Investigator: University of Texas Medical Branch Galveston, Texas summer salary proposal entitled: Salary Reimbursement Agreement between The University of Texas Medical Branch and Texas SouthernUniversity. Co-investigator Ashok Chopra. $13,588.50 (for 2 months salary June and July 2013). Funded
- 03/14 Co-Principal Investigator NSF RISE proposal (HRD-1345173) entitled “Characterization of Biomolecular Stress Responses” Funded $991,206 from 3/15/14-2/28/17.
- 09/16 Co-Principal Investigator NSF HBCU UP Targeted Infusion project proposal (HRD 1622993) entitled “Infusion of Geospatial Informatics to Enhance an Undergraduate Biological Science Program.” Funded $399,999.00 (09/01/2016-8/31/2019).