TECH 210 | (713) 313.1819
email@example.com Curriculum Vitae
Robert Morgan Jr. is a Visiting Professor at the Texas Southern University and a lecturer at the University of Houston. Certified in Transportation and Logistics, Robert currently teaches six classes to both graduate and undergraduate students. He instructs Transportation, International Logistics, Shipping, Maritime Operations, and Supply Chain Management courses at the University of Houston and Texas Southern University.
Robert is twice retired. He retired from both the Port of Houston Authority and the United States Navy. In the U.S. Navy, he served as commander of two Military Sealift Commands in the Republic of Korea and the Republic of Panama. He is a graduate of the National Defense University Armed Forces Staff College and served as a Joint Staff Officer over transportation, logistics and communications in the Middle East, Central America, South America and Eastern Africa countries. He served as a Logistics Officer at the American Embassy in El Salvador, a Port Operations Officer in Guam, and a Communication Security Officer at the American Embassy in Kenya. He served aboard three major combatant naval warships and as Officer in Charge of the Military Department aboard a Military Sealift Command vessel. At the Port of Houston Authority, he worked various management positions in Operations, Sales, Marketing, Public Affairs, and Small Business Development.
- Grand Canyon University – Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Higher Education Leadership student 2015
- Grand Canyon University – Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) with an Emphasis in Management candidate 2013 – 2014
- Tidewater Community College Southeast Maritime and Transportation Center – Maritime Training Certificate – 2014
- Anne Arundel Community College Southeast Maritime and Transportation Center – Maritime, Logistics, and Transportation Training Certificate – 2013
- Tidewater Community College Southeast Maritime and Transportation Center – Maritime Training Certificate – 2011
- Maritime Institute of Technology & Graduate Studies – Marine Terminal Management Certificate- 1998
- Texas Southern University – Master of Science Degree in Transportation – 1997
- Panama Canal College – Associates of Arts Degree in Data Processing – 1993
- Florida State University – Computer Science – 1988-1989
- Naval Transportation Management School – Marine Terminal Operations Certificate – 1988
- University of Arizona – Human Resources – 1987
- National Defense University – Armed Forces Staff College – Joint Staff Action Officer Certificate 1986
- University of South Florida – Foreign Languages – 1985-1986
- Defense Institute of Security Assistance Management School – Overseas Foreign Military Sales Program Certificate – 1985
- Central Texas College – Taxation – 1984
- University of Maryland – Computer Science – 1983-1984
- San Diego State University – Finance – 1983
- Human Resource Management School – Leadership and Management Instructor Training Certification – 1981
- Southern University Alumni Federation,
- National University Alumni Association, Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.,
- Alpha Phi Omega Fraternity,
- National Defense Transportation Association, NAACP, Scottish Rite Masonic, Ninth and Tenth Calvary Buffalo Soldiers,
- Warehousing Education Research Council, Institute of Transportation Engineer,
- Transportation Club of Houston, International Transportation Management Association,
- Propeller Club of America, Houston Area Urban League, UNCF, ADA, Society of Logistics Engineer,
- American Legion, Veteran of Foreign Wars,
- Disable American Veteran, Renewable Energy and Environmental Protection (REEP) Academy, Intermodal Association of North America
- Complete research on the history of African American descendants, various world cultural and history, and Mentorship of intercity youth.
- Continue extensive in-depth research in Marine Transportation, Marine Terminal Operations, Leadership, Management, Planning, Budgeting, Marketing, Human Resources, and Personnel Administration.
- Transportation Courses
- Logistics Courses
- Marketing Courses
- Management Courses
- Leadership Courses
Awards and Special Recognitions
- CTL (Certified in Transportation and Logistics) designation by the American Society of Transportation and Logistics (AST&L).
- Certified as a Post-Secondary Management Instructor by the Texas Education Agency.
- Instructor Certificate from the Human Resource Management School
- Working knowledge of Spanish, Korean, and Japanese languages and cultures.