NSF TSU UPMP STEM Student Summer Internship:
Departments of Biology, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry 2018
Participants will conduct research in summer on selected STEM Biology, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry projects. This is an 8 week paid summer internship associated with the NSF at TSU, inHouston,TX. Details will be given on an individual basis. Please sign, scan and send these forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: April 30, 2019. Program commences June 3, 2019 and ends August 5, 2019
You will be notified by May 6. More information and instructions will be e-mailed once this packet is received and reviewed.
Stipend to be paidaccording to the following schedule:
a. Summer Internship-$2000.00 (paid in two installments of $1000.00 each if requirements are met. Requirements and instructions will be distributed at the start of the program. A minimum of 10 hours per week is mandatory.
1. Must be a U.S.citizen.
2. Must have and maintaina GPA at or above 3.3/4.0. Strong Justification needed otherwise
3. Must be either a sophomore, junior or senior.
4. STEM majors preferred
1. Completed Applicationform
2. Two completed recommendation forms.
3. Current Resume
4. Official transcript (you may send an unofficial copy to expedite the application review, and upon provisionary acceptance arrange for the official one to be sent)
5. List other internships and positions held including funding agency, if paid or voluntary and hours committed including summer 2018
6. Update of accomplishments-abstracts, presentations, society memberships etc
Please put all this information in one document in order requested. All please SUBMIT COMPLETED PACKETS TO BY April 30 , 2019 via email:
Dr. A. Sundaresan, Professor
Department of Biology
Texas Southern University
3100 Cleburne Street
Houston, TX 77004
All applications will be reviewed when all requeste ditems are received. For additional information you may contact Dr.Sundaresan, at 713-313-7926 or via email at email@example.com. To check the status of your application, you may contact Ms.HelenPittman-Cockrell at 713-313-7005 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download and print the application form.