Education and Training
- Ph.D. degree (Biomedical Sciences) Wright State University
- Master Studies (Biology) Texas Southern University
- B.S. degree (Biology) The University of North Texas
Honors & Awards
Whos Who of American College Students (1978-1979)
Whos Who of American Women (2002-2003) Employee Recognition at Ciba Corning Diagnostics for writing various research proposals
Community / Mayoral recognition for previous years of volunteer work at the Oakland (California) Brookdale Community Science Center, 2000 (award presented by ex- California governor, then Mayor of Oakland, Jerry Brown.) Quoted in The Scientist Magazine (Minerd J, Minerd A The Scientist 19 (5):30 (14 March 2005) expertise in manipulation of small-samples (ie, total RNA concentrations below 1ng (to 10pg)
- Mukherjee, S, Richardson, A. Erikson, H., Player, A., Emmert-Buck, Mike. Identification of EpCam as a unique molecular target of prostate cancer stroma. Am J Pathol . 175 (6) (Oct 2009).
- Byun, JS, Wong,MM, Cui W, Idelman G, Li Q, Bilke S, Player A, . Gardner K. Dynamic bookmarkings of primary response genes by p300 and RNA polymerase II complexes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U.S.A., Oct 2009.
- Yan W, Shih J, Canales J, Hipp J, Player A, Hu N, Emmert-buck M, Erickson H. Identification of unique therapeutic targets in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Submitted to Molecular Cancer Therapuetics (MCT-10-0947), Oct 2010
- Robertson FM, Bondy M, Yang W, Yamauchi H, Krishnamurthy S, Player A, Barsky SH, Lucci A, Cristafanilli M. Inflammatory breast cancer: the disease, the biology, the treatment. CA Cancer J Clin 60 (6) Dec 2010.
- Wusheng, Y, Shih J, Rodriguez-Canales, Hipp, J, Player, A, Taylor, P, Emmert-Buck, M, Erickson, H. Identification of Unique Therapeutic targets in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Submitted to BioMed Central (May 2011).
- Player A, Oguamanam T, Okanmelu J, Burrell K, Hollomon M. Preliminary characterization of IL32 in basal-like/triple negative compared to other types of breast cell lines and tissues. BMC Res Notes. 2014 Aug 7;7:501.
- Burrell K and Player A. Characterization of the Interleukin transcript variants in triple negative breast cancers. American Journal of Immunology. 2016 Oct 16; 83.
- Player A, Abraham N, Burrell K, Ondo Bengone I, Harris A, Nunez L, Willaims T, Kwende S, Walls W. Identification of candidate genes associated with triple negative breast cancer. Genes Cancer. 2017 Jul; 8(7-8):659-672. doi: 10.18632/genesandcancer.147.
- Abraham N, Kwende S, Player A. Identification of genes differentially expressed in triple negative breast cancer. ARC Journal of Cancer Science, Vol 3, Issue 2, Dec 2017, pp 1-7. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.20431/2455-6009.0302001.
ORAL PRESENTATIONS AT SCIENTIFIC MEETINGS
- Cao, W., Antao, V and Player, A. Detection of mRNA using the branched DNA (bDNA) method. American Association of Cancer Research, New Orleans, 1998.
- Player, A., Shen, L., Antao, V. and Kolberg, J. Single copy gene detection using the branched DNA In Situ procedure. International Society for Analytical and Molecular Morphology, Santa Fe, 2000.
- Player, A., Dracheva, T., Fujii, T., Meerzaman, D., Fukouka, J., Curran, J., Gillespie, J., Buck, M., and Jin, J. In situ hybridization analysis of ISG12 and TDE in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. American Association of Cancer Research, San Francisco, CA 2002.
- Player, A., Kawasaki, E. LCM, microarrays and the precise definition of a cancer cell. Cambridge Health Institute, Laser Capture Microdissection Meeting, Boston MA April 2004.
- Player, A, Wang, Y and Kawasaki, ES. Amplification of small quantities of total RNA for gene expression profiling. Presentation at the American Association of Cancer Research, Annaheim CA, April 2005
- Player, A. Wang, Y, Woodson, K, Buck, M, and Kawasaki, E. Characterization of the prostate tumor microenvironment and its relationship to stemness. Stem Cell conference, Gordon Conference, Sept 2007.