Education and Training
- Ph.D. degree (Biomedical Sciences) Wright State University
- Master Studies (Biology) Texas Southern University
- B.S. degree (Biology) The University of North Texas
Honors & Awards
Whos Who of American College Students (1978-1979)
Whos Who of American Women (2002-2003) Employee Recognition at Ciba Corning Diagnostics for writing various research proposals
Community / Mayoral recognition for previous years of volunteer work at the Oakland (California) Brookdale Community Science Center, 2000 (award presented by ex- California governor, then Mayor of Oakland, Jerry Brown.) Quoted in The Scientist Magazine (Minerd J, Minerd A The Scientist 19 (5):30 (14 March 2005) expertise in manipulation of small-samples (ie, total RNA concentrations below 1ng (to 10pg)
Recent Publications (out of a total of xxx)
- Mukherjee, S, Richardson, A. Erikson, H., Player, A., Emmert-Buck, Mike. Identification of EpCam as a unique molecular target of prostate cancer stroma. Am J Pathol . 175 (6) (Oct 2009).
- Byun, JS, Wong,MM, Cui W, Idelman G, Li Q, Bilke S, Player A, . Gardner K. Dynamic bookmarkings of primary response genes by p300 and RNA polymerase II complexes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U.S.A., Oct 2009.
- Yan W, Shih J, Canales J, Hipp J, Player A, Hu N, Emmert-buck M, Erickson H. Identification of unique therapeutic targets in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Submitted to Molecular Cancer Therapuetics (MCT-10-0947), Oct 2010
- Robertson FM, Bondy M, Yang W, Yamauchi H, Krishnamurthy S, Player A, Barsky SH, Lucci A, Cristafanilli M. Inflammatory breast cancer: the disease, the biology, the treatment. CA Cancer J Clin 60 (6) Dec 2010.
- Wusheng, Y, Shih J, Rodriguez-Canales, Hipp, J, Player, A, Taylor, P, Emmert-Buck, M, Erickson, H. Identification of Unique Therapeutic targets in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Submitted to BioMed Central (May 2011).
MAJOR ORAL PRESENTATIONS AT SCIENTIFIC MEETINGS
- Cao, W., Antao, V and Player, A. Detection of mRNA using the branched DNA (bDNA) method. American Association of Cancer Research, New Orleans, 1998.
- Player, A., Shen, L., Antao, V. and Kolberg, J. Single copy gene detection using the branched DNA In Situ procedure. International Society for Analytical and Molecular Morphology, Santa Fe, 2000.
- Player, A., Dracheva, T., Fujii, T., Meerzaman, D., Fukouka, J., Curran, J., Gillespie, J., Buck, M., and Jin, J. In situ hybridization analysis of ISG12 and TDE in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. American Association of Cancer Research, San Francisco, CA 2002.
- Player, A., Kawasaki, E. LCM, microarrays and the precise definition of a cancer cell. Cambridge Health Institute, Laser Capture Microdissection Meeting, Boston MA April 2004.
- Player, A, Wang, Y and Kawasaki, ES. Amplification of small quantities of total RNA for gene expression profiling. Presentation at the American Association of Cancer Research, Annaheim CA, April 2005
- Player, A. Wang, Y, Woodson, K, Buck, M, and Kawasaki, E. Characterization of the prostate tumor microenvironment and its relationship to stemness. Stem Cell conference, Gordon Conference, Sept 2007.