Education and Training
Dr. Darayan has authored and presented several refereed papers that have been published in distinguished professional journals. In summer of 1999, 1994, and 1995, he has been involved as a technical consultant to train the employees at Compaq Computer Corporation. In the training projects, he has been responsible to develop the course materials for several subjects including GenRad Analyzer, Memory error code, ISA and PCI architecture, and Video technology. Some of his research works include the development of software/hardware system to determine dielectric properties of a sample at UHF and VHF ranges, design of a guarded-electrode method to support MWD tools, and the development of an inversion technique to correct the contact problem in VHF apparatus. His current project was to design a web-page for College of Science and Technology. His expertise includes Data acquisition system, Instrumentation, Computer hardware and software, and microcomputer interfacing.
- Reviewer for ASEE 2007: Closing the Hardware Design Loop with Multisim: A Case Study
- Reviewer for ASEE 2007: Auditory, Visul and Tactile Stimuli System- A Senior Design Project
- Reviewer for ASEE 2007:Design of an Automatic Speaker Recognition System Using TI DSP Board
- Reviewer for ASEE 2007: A Capstone Analog Integrated Circuits Project for Electronics Engineering Technology Majors
- Present the Curriculum of Electronics Engineering Technology to Industry Advisory Board every year
- Written two volumes of the documantations to secure the TAC/ABET Accreditation for Electronics Engineering Technology
- Shahryar Darayan, Xuemin Chen, and David Olowokere Developing New Courses in Engineering Technology Curriculum Based on the Program Outcome Result ASCE National Conference, Pasadena , California H, March 2012.
- Daniel Osakue, Osman Ahmed, Xuemin Chen, S. Darayan, and D. Olowokere, Virtual and Remote Laboratory Framework Development for Engineering Technology Education-A Case Study , ASCE National Conference, Pasadena , California H, March 2012.
- Xuemin Chen, Lawrence Kehinde, Yuhong Zhang, Shahryar Darayan, David Olowokere, Using Virtual and Remote Laboratory to Enhance Engineering Technology Education ASEE National Conference, Vancouver, Canada , June 2011
- Shahryar Darayan, David Olowokere, and Xuemin Chen , Development of Two New Courses in the Modification of Engineering Technology Curriculum IGIP International Symposium on Engineering Education, Brazil, 2011
- Developing New Courses in Engineering Technology Curriculum Based on the Program Outcome Result ASCE National Conference, Pasadena, California H, March 2012.
- Utilizing Program Outcomes in the Modification of Engineering Technology Curriculum ASCE National Conference, Honolulu, Hawaii, March 2010
- Automated Control of Chicken Environment and Egg Production, ASEE/GSW, March 2008.
- Automatic Swimming Pool/Gate System, Submitted to ASEE/GSW 2007.