Education and Training
- Ph.D. in Environmental Chemistry (3.78/4.00), 2007 Texas Southern University, Houston, Texas.
- M.S in Chemistry (4.00/4.00), 2001 Texas Southern University, Houston, Texas
- M.S in Mathematics (3.80.00/4.00), 2012 Texas Southern University, Houston, Texas
- B.S. in Mathematics, 1993 University of Houston Downtown, Houston, Texas.
HONORS & AWARDS
Outstanding Service in Student Support Service Program, Texas
Southern University, Houston, Texas (Spring 2002 & Spring 2003).
Outstanding Graduate Student Award, Texas Southern University,
Houston, Texas (Spring 2001).
Outstanding Service Member, Southeast Asian Womans Health
Deans List, University of Houston Downtown (1986)
Highly experienced researcher skilled in the use of a variety of sophisticated research tools and processes in environmental and physical chemistry. Accomplished scientist/faculty with strong teaching credentials designing curricula and providing instruction within various academic environments for the past eight years. Personable and can easily interface with students, faculty and staff across diverse backgrounds.
AREAS OF TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC), Thermal Gravimetric Analyzer (TGA), Dynamic Mechanical Analyzer (DMA), UV/Vis Spectrophotometer, Electrochemical Analyzer, Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR), Nuclear Magnetic Resonance spectroscopy (NMR), Infrared spectroscopy (IR), Instron Tester.
Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM), Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM), X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS), Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM).
- Tao, K.; Yang, S. Y.; Grunlan, C. J.; Kim, S. Y.; Deng, Y. J.; Dang, B. L.; Thomas, L. R.; Wilson, L. B. and Wei, X., Effects of Carbon Nanotubes Fillers on the Curing Processes of Epoxy Resin-Based Composites. J. Applied of Polymer Science 2006, 102, 5248-5254.
- Dang, B. L.; Wei, X.; Barrera, V. E.; Zeng, Q.; Grunlan, C. J.; Kim, S. Y.; Deng, Y. J.; Thomas, L. R.; Wilson, L. B., Instantaneous Electrodeposition of Metal Nanostructures on Carbon Nanotubes. Submitted.
- Wei, Xin; Grunlan, C. J.; Kim, S. Y.; Dang, B. L.; Barrera, E. V.; Zeng, Q.; Deng, Y. J.; Ying, Y.; Tian, F.; Thomas, L. R.; Phan, D. T. and Wilson, L. B; Fast Metallization of Carbon Nanotubes: Methodology and Utility, to be submitted (Advanced Material).
- Dang, B. L.; Deng, Y. J.; Tao, K. and Wei, X.; Electrochemical Deposition of Metal Nano-Structures on Carbon Nanotubes, 232nd American Chemical Society National Meeting and Exposition. San Francisco, California, September 10-14, 2006. pp. 132-TECH